xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml'> Thinking Out Loud : Is This What Passes For Music Nowadays?

Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Is This What Passes For Music Nowadays?



(E-mail Subscribers to see "Whip My Hair" video click here.)

The above music video by Willow Smith; daughter of Will & Jada Pickett Smith, is just one of many music videos that in addition to be extremely inexplicable, speaks volumes about the direction the music industry is headed. The music industry continues to push the envelopes of indecency, morality and ethics, and will continue to do so; I believe, until Jesus Christ return. So, we can assume that it is going to continue to get worse before it gets better. But, it is disturbing to see the "No Holds Barred" type of mentality that has been embraced by today's so called artists and musicians in the Entertainment Industry. What passes for entertainment nowadays is entirely reprehensible and deplorable to say the least. And, if we think things are bad now; if the Lord so delays His coming, you can only imagine what it will look like 10 or 15yrs from now. It appears that nothing is off limits and everything is fair game when it comes to producing music to promote to the world.

And, to me the most disturbing part about all of this is that the farther the industry pushes the envelope the more willing and acceptable society is of how far the envelope has been pushed. This mentality gives credence to the saying, "The world loves its own."  It seems that the weirder the artist, the more accepted they are, the higher the charts they climb and the more records they are able to sell.  When you look at this diverse list of the music industry's so called "Hottest Artist" the one thing they all seem to have in common is they are extremely weird. In fact the weirder you are the more successful you are. Take a look

Willow Smith
Waka Flocka
Rick Ross
Lil Wayne

Beyone aka Sasha Fierce
Rhianna
Kate Perry
Lady Gaga

Weird seems to be the only stipulation for success in the entertainment industry, and weird is just another way of saying, "I'm willing to do anything to be famous."  I have no objections, no prohibitions, no limits to what I'm willing to do be famous.  Typically, a person like that would either be locked up or institutionalized because of their limit-less behavior which is criminal or at least border-line insane,  instead they're being signed to multi-million dollar contracts, fancy cars, clothes, homes & jewelry to propagate and promote the devil's agenda.  And, all who travel this walk of fame have done exactly that. Jesus asked a very important question in Mark 16:26  "For what is a man profitted, if he shall gain the whole world , and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" A very telling question that each of us must consider as we evaluate and prioritize the goals and objectives of our life.  And, yet we have seen the answers to these two questions reflected in the lives of the artists who sold their soul and sold out to be famous. Many have sacrificed family, loved ones, morality, decency, self worth and much more for 15mins of a fame.

And, I know I will probably get some comments along the lines of why are you even interested in this anyway, in what way is this suppose to spiritually edify your readers? I'm glad you asked, if nothing else this continues to illustrate the point that time is winding up, and Jesus Christ is soon to come. As we said in our post concerning  "Signs of the Times" that the devil is getting much bolder and bolder with everything that he does in the world. What was once done in secret is now being done openly, what was once done at night, is now being done in broad day light. So, my advice to those who do not know God, taken advantage of the time you have to get to know him. You can find out how in Acts 2:38. Read it once, twice and even three times until it becomes clear.

As you look at the sinister direction that the entire entertainment industry has taken, you cannot help but attribute it to its silent partner the "Devil." Whether you know or not, or whether you believe or not, he is the primarily culprit behind everything that is going on, from raunchy videos to the proliferation of secret societies. He is behind it ALL. And, it makes perfect sense, because it plays right into his character and nature as the Children of God's primary adversary. He is a cunning, shrewd and deceitful operator and manipulator. The devil has done everything in his power to keep his agenda hidden from the world, and yet they are strategically apart of the planning of implementation of it. In Isaiah 14 it talks about Lucifer; formerly known as, the chief musician in heaven. He was in charge of the heavenly host, and it speaks of how he got beside himself and wanted to take over and how he thought he could do a better job than God-himself. And, so God kicked him out of heaven. But, as G. Craig Lewis put it, "even though he changed locations, he never changed occupations." He is still making music; and he is still leading the movement against God here on earth. I heard someone put it very poignantly, the secular artists that you see nowadays are apart of "The Devil's Praise Team." And, to me that summarizes this post very beautifully, especially when you see and hear some of songs that come over the airwaves into our radios and through the television screens of our homes.  Songs that continue to objectify and sexualize women like "Bottom's Up" by T.I, and the sadomasochistic song by Rhianna & Eminem called "Love The Way You Lie."  Here are some of the lyrics to that song.

Rhianna Chorus
"Just going to stand there and watch me burn, 
but that's alright because I like the way it hurts. 
Just going to stand there and hear me cry, but that's alright 
because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie"

Eminem verse (Excerpt)
Can't tell you what it really is
I can only tell you what it feels like
And right now there's a steel knife
In my windpipe
I can't breathe
But I still fight
While I can fight
As long as the wrong feels right
It's like I'm in flight
High of a love
Drunk from the hate
It's like I'm huffing paint
And I love it the more that I suffer
I suffocate
And right before im about to drown
She resuscitates me
She f*** hates me
And I love it...


I included the lyrics because I don't think people realize what they are singing, and more importantly what they are saying. So the lyrics are here for people to plainly see what it is that Rhianna and Eminem are actually talking about. Rhianna & Eminem are both talking about loving being abused and manipulated by their "handler(s)" And, if you ever read the VigilantCitizen.com you would understand what the term "handler" means.  This is the dark and sinister side of the industry that only the artist sees and is privy too. But, it is believed that through a process called "Monarch Programming" that these artist are being brainwashed and sexually abused, and they create alternate personalities like "Slim Shady" & "Sasha Fierce" to escape the reality of their abuse. And, this alternate personality becomes the primary persona in the music industry where they are now doing the bidding of their handlers; those people who are behind the scenes controlling the multi-million dollar puppets for the industry.  In the song their both talking about loving being hated, and loving being hurt and lied to. Now, what reasonable person would this actually makes sense to? I would definitely like to meet them so we can talk about this further, or maybe I'm missing the entire meaning of the song. I encourage anyone with an alternate meaning to feel free to leave their comment to offer clarity to both myself and those who read this weekly blog, because I'm sure they are just as confused as I am.

Professor Griff, former member of "Public Enemy" said in a radio interview discussing some of the more popular songs in the music industry and why they are popular,

he said, "...entertainment is kept below the 6th grade level. When you start hearing songs like "Laffy Taffy" and these kinds of songs;  they would hit your lower sacrum and vibrate that negative energy activating your pituitary gland releasing those hormones. Now you have grown men making songs for 13yr olds..."  

In essence what I believe he was saying is this is in fact the "dumbing down of society." And, those that continue to listen to these artist and their music are willing participants. You find yourself listening to the song, the beat is catchy, and before you know it you've learned the lyrics and because of the over-saturation of this music in the marketplace  (i.e. radio, t.v., Internet, etc) you find yourself singing, and quoting lyrics completely oblivious to its real meaning.  You're singing about domestic violence, and sadomasochism and wondering why you're either a victim of domestic violence or perpetrator of it yourself. What we fail to realize, which is something the devil has known for sometime now, is that words are extremely powerful. That's why we have to be careful what we profess and declare in our lives, because many people have spoken doom upon their own lives by simply quoting the lyrics of a song they heard on the radio. That is just how powerfully shrewd and sadistic the devil really is.

As I conclude this week's post, I'd like to know from you if you share our thoughts and beliefs on the music industry. Do you believe that is has gone out of control and will continually get progressively worse the closer we get to the rapture? If you don't share our views, I'd like to hear your thoughts as well. Why do you listen to this music, what benefit do you get from it? What purpose does it serve in your life? Recently, rapper,& actor Bow Wow posted some very disturbing messages on his twitter page that might be a window into the reality of a Hip Hop artist.  He said, "I sacrificed my life for this Hip Hop ****  I put my REAL life on hold. If I could do it over...I wudda went back to school. Got me a reg job...I swear I be wishing I was dead sometimes. Because I feel like thats the only way i'll get peace."  These few lines speaks volumes about a life that is suppose to be the "Good Life" as Kanye West describes it, but according to Bow Wow it's really not all that is cracked up to be. I find it interesting that if Bow Wow's life and artist like him were all that "Good" then why would they be constantly plagued with so much unhappiness to the point of not wanting to live anymore.

It really begs the question, is fame really worth it?  You tell me!

Pastor Nimmons
www.michaelnimmons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for your posting your comments. Be sure to visit our personal ministry website http://www.michaelnimmons.com and purchase our new book "Who Told You That You Were Naked?"